Celebrating and Learning from Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos C.Ss.R. (1819-1867) on his Memorial today, 5 October
TOP 10 Practical Guide to Holiness
1. Go to Mass with deepest devotion.
2. Spend a half hour to reflect upon your main failing
and make resolutions to avoid it.
3. Do daily spiritual reading for at least 15 minutes,
if a half hour is not possible.
4. Say the rosary every day.
5. Also daily, if at all possible, visit the Blessed Sacrament
and toward evening, meditate on the Passion of Christ for a half hour.
6. Conclude the day with evening prayer
and an examination of conscience over all the faults & sins of the day.
7. Every month make a review of the month in confession.
8. Choose a special patron every month
and imitate that patron in some special virtue.
9. Precede every great feast with a novena, that is, nine days of devotion.
10. Try to begin and end every activity with a “Hail Mary.”