Quote/s of the Day – 7 October – Our Lady of the Rosary
Open your petals, like roses planted near running waters…Sirach 39:13
“To discover whether people are of God,
I have found no better way than the following.
Observe whether they say the Hail Mary and the Rosary.”
“The Rosary is the most powerful weapon
to touch the Heart of Jesus, Our Redeemer,
who loves His Mother.”
THE SEVEN BLESSINGS OF THE ROSARY
“The Rosary, recited with meditation on the mysteries, brings about the following marvellous results:
1. It gradually gives us a perfect knowledge of Jesus Christ;
2. It purifies our souls, washing away sin;
3. It gives us victory over all our enemies;
4. It makes it easy for us to practice virtue;
5. It sets us on fire with love of Our Blessed Lord;
6. It enriches us with graces and merits;
7. It supplies us with what is needed to pay,
all our debts to God and to our fellow men
and finally, it obtains all kinds of graces for us from Almighty God.”
St Louis Marie Grignion De Montfort (1673-1716)
“When reciting the Rosary,
the important and meaningful moments
of salvation history are relived.
The various steps of Christ’s mission are traced.
With Mary the heart is oriented
toward the mystery of Jesus.
Christ is put at the centre of our life,
of our time, of our city,
through the contemplation and meditation
of His holy mysteries
of joy, light, sorrow and glory.”
Pope Benedict XVI
Basilica of Saint Mary Major – Saturday, 3 May 2008
“Mary joins us, she fights at our side.
She supports Christians in the fight
against the forces of evil… through the Rosary.”
“Do you pray the Rosary each day?”