Holy Saturday (Vigil Mass of Easter) +2022
Nostra Signora delle Vittorie / Our Lady of Victories in the Church of St Mark, Vienna (1683) – 16 April:
Bl Arcangelo Canetoli
St Benedict Joseph Labre – Known as the Beggar of Perpetual Adoration (1748-1783) Laqy Penitent and Pilgrim – he “abandoned his country, his parents and whatever is flattering in the world, to lead a new sort of life, a life most painful, most penitential, not in a wilderness, nor in a cloister but in the midst of the world, devoutly visiting as a pilgrim the famous places of Christian devotion.” Canonised by Pope Leo XIII on 8 December 1881.
Dearest St Benedict Joseph:
St Bernadette of Lourdes – The Visionary of Lourdes, (1844-1879) Virgin, Consecrated Religious. Her Body is incorrupt and is on display in Nevers, France.
St Bernadette’s Feast Day is the 18th of February, being moved in 1969 to today.
St Drogo (1105–1186) Lay Penitent Pilgram, Apostle of prayer and the Holy Eucharist, Anchorite.
St Fructuosus of Braga (Died 665) Archbishop of Braga, Spain, Hermit, Confessor, Monk, Abbot, a great Founder of Monasteries.
St Herveus of Tours
Blessed Joachim Piccolomini of Siena OSM (1258–1305) Tertiary Servite Lay Friar, Apostle of charity of the sick, devotee of the Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin.
Blessed Joachim’s Life:
St Lambert of Saragossa
St Lambert of Saragossa
St Magnus of Orkney (c 1075-1115) Layman Martyr
St Turibius of Astorga
St William Gnoffi
Martyrs of Avrillé – 26 Beati: – A group of lay people who were executed together for their faith during the anti-Christian persecutions of the French Revolution. They were martyred on 16 April 1794 at Avrillé, Maine-et-Loire, France.
• Blessed Anne Maugrain, • Blessed François Micheneau veuve Gillot, • Blessed François Suhard veuve Ménard, • Blessed Jean Ménard, • Blessed Jeanne Gourdon veuve Moreau, • Blessed Jeanne Leduc épouse Paquier
• Blessed Jeanne Onillon veuve Onillon, • Blessed Jeanne Thomas veuve Delaunay, • Blessed Madeleine Cady épouse Desvignes, • Blessed Madeleine Sallé épouse Havard
• Blessed Marguerite Robin, • Blessed Marie Forestier
• Blessed Marie Gingueneau veuve Coiffard, • Blessed Marie Lardeux, • Blessed Marie Piou épouse Supiot, • Blessed Marie Rechard, • Blessed Marie Roger veuve Chartier, • Blessed Marie-Genevieve Poulain de la Forestrie, • Blessed Marthe Poulain de la Forestrie, • Blessed Perrine Bourigault, • Blessed Perrine Laurent
• Blessed Perrine Pottier épouse Turpault, • Blessed Pierre Delépine, • Blessed Renée Bourgeais veuve Juret, • Blessed Renée Rigault épouse Papin, • Blessed Renée Sechet veuve Davy.
16 April 1794 at Avrillé, Maine-et-Loire, France – Beatified: 19 February 1984 by Pope John Paul II at Rome, Italy
Martyrs of Corinth – 9 Saints: A group of nine Christians who were tortured and Martyred together in the persecutions of Decius. We know little more than three of their names – Callistus, Charisius and Leonide. They were thrown into the sea at Corinth, Greece c250.
Martyrs of Saragossa: Group of eighteen Martyrs murdered in 304 in Saragossa, Spain in the persecutions of Diocletian and the prefect Dacean. We know little more than the names – Apodemus, Caecilian, Caius, Crementius, Engratia, Eventius, Felix, Fronto, Gaius, Julia, Lambert, Lupercus, Martial, Optatus, Primitivus, Publius, Quintilian, Saturnius (4 men of this name), Succesus and Urban. Their graves re-discovered in 1389 in the crypt under the church of San Encrazia in Saragossa.
You must be logged in to post a comment.