Quote/s of the Day – 28 May – Thursday of the Seventh Week of Easter, Readings: Acts 22:30; 23:6-11, Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7-11, John 17:20-26
“Just as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us”
St Alphonsus Liguori’s
“50 Maxims for Attaining Perfection in the Love of Jesus Christ”
21. To suffer crosses patiently, saying, “Thus it pleases Jesus Christ.”
22. To renounce your own pleasures for the love of Jesus Christ.
23. To pray as much as possible.
24. To practice all the mortifications that obedience permits.
25. To do all your spiritual exercises as if it were for the last time.
26. To persevere in good works in the time of aridity.
27. Not to do, nor yet to leave undone, anything through human respect.
28. Not to complain in sickness.
29. To love solitude, to be able to converse alone with Jesus Christ.
30. To drive away melancholy.
St Alphonsus Liguori (1696-1787) Most Zealous Doctor
Part One – https://anastpaul.wordpress.com/2018/04/20/thought-for-the-day-20-april-friday-of-the-third-week-of-eastertide/
Part Two – https://anastpaul.com/2018/05/28/quote-s-of-the-day-28-may-monday-of-the-8th-week-of-ordinary-time-year-b/
You must be logged in to post a comment.