Quote/s of the Day – 24 June – “The Month of the Sacred Heart” and the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
are the true Israel
which springs from Christ,
for we are carved out of His Heart,
as from a Rock!”
St Justin Martyr (100-165)
Father of the Church and Martyr
“Be strengthened in Almighty God
and in the power of His might,
for with His help, nothing is difficult.
Throw off the heavy load of your own will,
cast aside the burden of sin
and gird yourselves as valiant warriors.
Forget what you are leaving behind;
strain forward to the great things before you.
I tell you, that every place where you set foot,
shall be yours.
For the Spirit who goes before your face
is Christ the Lord.
He will carry you to the topmost peak
in the arms of His Love.”
St Francis of Assisi (c 1181-1226)
“The Sacred Heart is the symbol
of that boundless love
which moved the Word to take flesh,
to institute the Holy Eucharist,
to take our sins upon Himself
and, dying on the Cross,
to offer Himself as a victim
and sacrifice to the eternal Father.”
“O Heart of love,
I put all my trust in Thee,
for I fear all things,
from my own weakness,
but I hope for all things,
from Thy Goodness.”
The Twelve Promises of Jesus
to Saint Margaret Mary
or those Devoted to His Sacred Heart:
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life
and especially at the hour of their death.
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
- I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart
shall be exposed and honoured.
- I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names
written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those
who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months
the grace of final repentance;
they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments;
My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
From Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque’s Vision of Jesus
You must be logged in to post a comment.