Quote/s of the Day – 5 October – The Memorial of Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos CSsR (1819-1867)
“It is only through suffering
that we become holy.
And to become holy is our only purpose in life,
our only preparation for heaven.”
TOP 10 Practical Guide to Holiness
- Go to Mass with deepest devotion.
- Spend a half hour to reflect upon your main failing
and make resolutions to avoid it.
- Do daily spiritual reading for at least 15 minutes,
if a half hour is not possible.
- Say the rosary every day.
- Also daily, if at all possible, visit the Blessed Sacrament
and toward evening, meditate on the Passion of Christ for a half hour.
- Conclude the day with evening prayer
and an examination of conscience over all the faults & sins of the day.
- Every month make a review of the month in confession.
- Choose a special patron every month
and imitate that patron in some special virtue.
- Precede every great feast with a novena, that is, nine days of devotion.
- Try to begin and end every activity with a “Hail Mary.”