Quote/s of the Day – 21 February – Feast of the Holy Face
As part of the preparations for Lent, it is appropriate to celebrate the Feast of the Holy Face by spending some time before the Blessed Sacrament and reciting the prayers of reparation.
In addition, the repetition of this Devotion each Tuesday in Lent maybe a means of drawing closer to Our Lord during this time of more intense prayer and conversion.
TAKEN FROM THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY
OF SR MARY OF ST PETER OCD (1816-1848).
“Do you see how I suffer? Yet, very few understand Me. Those who say they love Me are very ungrateful! I have given My Heart as the sensible object of My great love to men and I give My Face as the sensible object of My sorrow for all the sins of men. I wish that it be venerated by a special Feast on Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday. I wish that the Feast be preceded by a Novena in which the faithful make reparation with Me, joining together and sharing in My sorrow.”
Offering of the Holy Face
of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in Reparation to God the Father
turn away Thy angry gaze from Thou guilty people
whose face has become unsightly in Thy eyes.
Look instead upon the Face of Thy beloved Son,
in Whom Thou art well pleased.
We now offer Thee,
this Holy Face, covered with shame
and disfigured by bloody wounds,
in reparation for the crimes of our age,
in order to appease Thy anger,
justly provoked against us.
Because, Thy Divine Son, our Redeemer,
hast taken upon His Head
all the sins of His members
that they might be spared,
we now beg Thee, Eternal Father,
to grant us mercy.
An Aspiration to the Eternal Father
to be Frequently Recited During the Day …
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Holy Face of Jesus,
covered with blood, sweat, dust and spittle,
in reparation for our sins
and the sins of the whole world.
The Eight Promises of Jesus
To Those Who Honour His Holy Face
- All those who honour My Face in a spirit of reparation, will by so doing, perform the office of the pious Veronica. According to the care they take in making reparation to My Face, disfigured by blasphemers, so will I take care of their souls which have been disfigured by sin. My Face is the seal of the Divinity, which has the virtue of reproducing in souls, the image of God.
- Those, who by words, prayers or writing, defend My cause in this Work of Reparation, I will defend before My Father and will give them My Kingdom.
- By offering My Face to My Eternal Father, nothing will be refused and the conversion of many sinners will be obtained.
- By My Holy Face, they will work wonders, appease the anger of God and draw down mercy on sinners.
- As in a kingdom, they can procure all that is desired with a coin stamped with the King’s effigy, so, in the Kingdom of Heaven, they will obtain all they desire, with the precious coin of My Holy Face.
- Those who, on earth, contemplate the wounds of My Face shall, in Heaven, behold it radiant with glory.
- They will receive in their souls, a bright and constant irradiation of My Divinity, that by their likeness to My Face, they shall shine with particular splendour in Heaven.
- I will defend them, I will preserve them and I assure them of Final Perseverance.