Thought for the Day – 20 April – Friday of the Third Week of Eastertide
St Alphonsus Liguori’s
50 Maxims for Attaining Perfection in the Love of Jesus Christ
1. To desire ardently to increase in the love of Jesus Christ
2. To make acts of love toward Jesus Christ.
Immediately on waking and before going to sleep,
make an act of love, seeking always to unite your own will
to the will of Jesus Christ.
3. Often to meditate on His Passion.
4. Always to ask Jesus Christ for His love.
5. To communicate often and many times in the day to make spiritual communions.
6. Often to visit the Most Holy Sacrament.
7. Every morning to receive from the hands of Jesus Christ Himself your own cross.
8. To desire Paradise and Death in order to be able to love Jesus Christ perfectly and for all eternity.
9. Often to speak of the love of Jesus Christ.
10. To accept contradictions for the love of Jesus Christ.
St Alphonsus Liguori (1696-1787) Most Zealous Doctor
Being a Catholic is a way of life - a love affair "Religion must be like the air we breathe..."- St John Bosco
Prayer is what the world needs combined with the example of our lives which testify to the Light of Christ.
This site, which is now using the Traditional Calendar, will mainly concentrate on Daily Prayers, Novenas and the Memorials and Feast Days of our friends in Heaven, the Saints who went before us and the great blessings the Church provides in our Catholic Monthly Devotions.
This Site is placed under the Patronage of my many favourite Saints and especially, St Paul.
"For the Saints are sent to us by God
as so many sermons.
We do not use them, it is they who move us
and lead us, to where we had not expected to go.”
Charles Cardinal Journet (1891-1975)
This site adheres to the Catholic Church and all her teachings.
PLEASE ADVISE ME OF ANY GLARING TYPOS etc - In June 2021 I lost 95% sight in my left eye and sometimes miss errors. Thank you and I pray all those who visit here will be abundantly blessed. Pax et bonum! 🙏
View All Posts
One thought on “Thought for the Day – 20 April – Friday of the Third Week of Eastertide”