Thought for the Day – 20 April – Friday of the Third Week of Eastertide
St Alphonsus Liguori’s
50 Maxims for Attaining Perfection in the Love of Jesus Christ
1. To desire ardently to increase in the love of Jesus Christ
2. To make acts of love toward Jesus Christ.
Immediately on waking and before going to sleep,
make an act of love, seeking always to unite your own will
to the will of Jesus Christ.
3. Often to meditate on His Passion.
4. Always to ask Jesus Christ for His love.
5. To communicate often and many times in the day to make spiritual communions.
6. Often to visit the Most Holy Sacrament.
7. Every morning to receive from the hands of Jesus Christ Himself your own cross.
8. To desire Paradise and Death in order to be able to love Jesus Christ perfectly and for all eternity.
9. Often to speak of the love of Jesus Christ.
10. To accept contradictions for the love of Jesus Christ.